To apply for this position, send your CV and a covering letter quoting the vacancy title to email@example.com
Role: Web Content Management Exec
Reporting to: Webmaster
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Website Content Management Executive is responsible for the day-to-day content management of all Galaxy Optical owned websites and digital spaces. This role is extremely hands on, working with a mixture of in-house and 3rd party solutions. It is a pivotal position in the web team giving the individual an opportunity to have a direct impact on the success of our online presence.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Planning, developing, creating and managing content for all digital space including copywriting, image editing, press releases, product updates and promotions
- Write copy, edit and proof read all web content – ensuring great quality web friendly text (using keyword analysis)
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout the website – be the Voice of each site
- Working with incumbent SEO company where available to ensure all on-page content is fully optimized, or proposing ways of improving organic traffic through own initiative
- Review Google analytics and Search Console (WMT) to formulate plans to improve customer flow, conversions and engagement
- Coordinate content related activities across all web team projects including weekly product changes
- Working closely with web team, IT project delivery, frames, marketing and design teams to develop new content and to continually improve own product and service knowledge
- Support commercial teams on the enrichment of product and service data, ensuring it is suitable for web and print
- Manipulate data to make it web-ready, including creation of product associations, category structures, URL aliasing and customer specific data
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly KPI data
- Assist with web design sessions for developing new websites, landing pages and enhancing business processes.
- Assist in the UAT of new and updated features on the websites – including regression testing - ensuring the CMS system and online processes work in an operational environment.
- Analyse any problems and issues currently facing the websites. Communicate the results and recommendations back to the Webmaster.
- Creation of eMail marketing content using 3rd Party solution
- Manage online inventory
- Manage Google My Business accounts
- Support live chat facility and social channel activities
- Responsible for full delivery of the projects they are managing and will be expected to work closely with the Webmaster, Online Creative Team and wider Galaxy teams to continously improve online space.
- Generally provide assistance, cover and support within the team and in all areas of the business as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent copywriting skills and a creative flair, in line with web best practices
- Good understanding of websites and their functionality, CMS Platforms, email marketing
- Solid knowledge of SEO and PPC
- Working knowledge of social media, Google Search Console (WMT) and Google Analytics
- High degree of computer literacy – working knowledge of Microsoft Office, DotMailer (not essential), Powerpoint, Umbraco (not essential)
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong communications and organizational skills – this role requires a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Minimum 3 years experience in writing and managing online content
Skills and Abilities
We are looking for someone who is dynamic, self motivated and experienced with a flair for web communication, who has the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Commitment and Flexibility demonstrate the commitment and flexibility required to meet the changing needs of an expanding business
- Interpersonal Skills develop working relationships with fellow employees, customers and suppliers, as required
- Communication Skills communicate concisely, creatively and professionally, either verbally or in writing, with our customer, our employees and our suppliers, as required
- Honesty, Openness and Integrity maintain visibility and awareness of activities and escalate issues that are likely to impact on performance to your manager
- Initiative use your initiative to resolve day to day issues or escalate to your manager when appropriate
- Innovation have a positive and enthusiastic attitude towards proposing new ideas and processes to benefit the functionality of the department
- Company Values awareness of the company values; customer focus, energy, recognition, team work and respect required to build and support the team efficiently.
- Development - Has an eagerness to learn and develop existing knowledge of online marketing techniques
- Leadership Skills lead by example to motivate and drive people, reacting positively to issues and crises to demonstrate control and give confidence
- Time Management prioritise and manage workloads to achieve deadlines whilst maintaining quality and accuracy of work at all times
- Critical-thinking and Problem-solving work with relevant parties to find business focused solutions
- Relationships monitor the interface between our employees, our customer, our suppliers and other areas of the business
- Procedures monitor procedures and escalate issues
- Performance monitor performance and escalate issues
- Meetings attend and contribute to meetings as and when required
- Reporting submit all required reports within agreed timescales checking for quality and accuracy prior to circulating
- Property ensure that all the equipment used by the Team is cared for and maintained to agreed standards to protect company property
- Knowledge develop your own and employee knowledge of the business: our customer, our objectives, our products and our services